Gathering together Science and Industry in the same room. This is basically the idea at the basis of the TETTRIs (Transforming European Taxonomy through Training, Research and Innovations) Stakeholder Lab that will take place at Vienna Natural History Museum right after the end of the CETAF 54th General Assembly, the 29th of November 2023.
A contribution of the taxonomic community gathered around CETAF, the Consortium of European taxonomic facilities, to provide knowledge, systems and services to tackle biodiversity loss.
The TETTRIs Stakeholder lab is a collaborative effort aimed at uncovering pathways for engaging with biological taxonomy. This gathering of experts and thought leaders will delve into the significance of biological taxonomy for biodiversity research and its applications across various sectors. The agenda for this event features a lineup of distinguished contributors who will share their insights and perspectives.
- 15:30: Arrival and Registration
- 16:00: Welcome Address by Katrin Vohland, General Director
- 16:05: Welcome Address by Ana Casino, Executive Director of CETAF
- 16:10: Keynote speech by Colombe Warin, European Commission (online)
- 16:15: Lightning Impulse by Tara Shirvani, climate finance expert
- 16:25: Lightning Impulse on Biodiversity Positive business measures by Paul Plötner, Boston Consulting Group
- 16:35: Lightning Impulse by by Veronica Veneziano, Biodiversity in Good Company (online)
16:45–17:45: Networking Break with thematic exchange
17:45: Panel Session- Mainstreaming Biodiversity
- Genomic barcoding to trace and identify illegally logged African trees, Meise Botanic Garden, KU Leuven & Royal Museum of Central Africa, Steven Janssens (online)
- Corporate activism: Glacier, Andreas Tschas
- Biodiversity in Good Company
- Biodiversity-positive universities/research institutions: ISTA, Jeroen Dobbelaere
- Cross-disciplinary Synergies: Deck50, Ketchum as an innovation hub to actively drive biodiversity communications
18:45–19:30: TETTRis presents “Taxonomist in Residence Program” TETTRIs consortium will present its “Taxonomist in Residence Program” with potential pilot cases, including a Q&A session.
19:30–20:00: Networking Reception
Moderation: The event will be expertly moderated by Markus Schmidt (Biofaction) and the Deck50 Team