We are seeking a part-time Communications Assistant to join the team of the EU-funded project TETTRIs. This exciting project aims to transform the field of taxonomy in Europe through training, research and innovations.
The successful candidate will be passionate about storytelling and multimedia audience engagement. You will help produce and publish editorial content connected to taxonomy and biodiversity protection. You will work in close collaboration with the Project Manager (Brussels based) and the Task Lead (based in Denmark). You will take care of the online communication, content for the website, social media presence, community building and engaging with targeted audiences.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Help to define and execute the communication strategy and liaise with partners as needed to create relevant content.
- Manage the communication and dissemination strategies to achieve the projects’ goals and build on their results to engage different audiences.
- Assist in the creation and editing of engaging content for multiple channels, including websites, social media, podcasts, videos, and publications.
- Write articles and conduct interviews with key project stakeholders.
- Draft technical reports on communication and dissemination activities;
monitor communication and dissemination activities across the consortium.
- Provide proofreading and editorial services for printed and online outputs
- Support in the organization of workshops, conferences and events in Europe and beyond with high-profile stakeholders, either hybrid, online or physical events.
- Regularly update social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter Linkedin,…) with appropriate content.
- Assist in the coordination within the creative team to improve editorial content presentation/ layout (web designers, photographers, videographers etc).
- A relevant education. For example, science communication, biology, journalism, communication or marketing degree. An understanding of biodiversity and/or taxonomy is highly desirable.
- Capability to work independently, set priorities and be able to manage time effectively.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Excellent networking capacity and being a good team player.
- At least three years work experience in a communications role, preferably in EU-funded projects.
- Fluency in English. French would be an asset.
- Experience in creating and delivering communication strategies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Science communication degree will be considered as a plus.
- Experience working in the field of research or academia.
- Experience working with graphic design, Photoshop and video editing
- Knowledge of website content management systems (WordPress, in particular) and social media platforms.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with project management tools, such as Slack or Teamwork.
This is a part-time position, with a maximum of 20 hours per week (negotiable), and is expected to last for the duration of the project (until at least June 2026). The position offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and international team with the overarching goal of protecting #biodiversity.
The position can be remote, but occasional travel will be necessary to Brussels or to Copenhagen.
For further information about the position or the application process, please contact Alessandro Marchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
The TETTRIs project strives for gender equity and diversity, candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
by March the 26th, 2023, 18.00 CET.